1/2-13 Stainless Steel Stop Nut-3/Pack
Stop nut is used where heavy vibration is found and needs a tight frictional fit. The bolt threads into the nylon material placed on the top of the nut and helps to prevent backing off or loosening from vibration. It is corrosion-resistant. Stainless has become the material of choice for exterior and most marine applications.
- Nylon insert lock nuts are used where heavy vibration is found and when a tight frictional fit is needed
- This nut must be installed and removed with hand tools
- The bolt threads into the nylon material located at the top of the nut
- The nylon insert helps to keep the nut from loosening during vibration
- A nut with a compressible insert that binds it, so a lock washer is not needed
- Stainless has become the material of choice for exterior and most marine applications