Over the last 18 years, the KENT Great Big Dig has been one of the region’s most anticipated and exciting fundraising evenings, raising over $4 million for the IWK.
This year’s event was executed as an online digital match! Together, our sponsors committed to matching donations made online from November 3rd through 5th, up to a total of $250,000.
The 2020 Great Big Dig Digital Match raised $392,574 this year! Thank you to all that donated in support of the IWK Children's Hospital.
Funds raised will go towards different types of equipment to help the IWK provide world class care in the Maritimes – a Servo-U Ventilator, two MX500 patient monitors, eight AIRVO 2 heated humidifiers, a Mini C-Arm x-ray machine, and a high-quality portable ultrasound machine.
1. The Servo-U Ventilator combines the latest advancements in patient ventilation while optimizing neonatal and pediatric patient safety and care.
2. The MX500 patient monitor combines monitoring and portability in one unit. It can be moved to Diagnostic Imaging or the Operating Room and allows staff to monitor more than one patient at a time.
3. The AIRVO 2 is a heated humidifier with an integrated flow generator that delivers warm and humidified respiratory gases to help decrease the number of patients requiring invasive therapies such as intubation and mechanical ventilation.
4. The Mini C-Arm is a state-of-the-art portable x-ray machine that allows surgeons to see and treat pediatric fractures and abnormalities of the small bones of the hands, feet and face faster, more accurately, and with less radiation to the patient and operating room team.
5. A portable ultrasound machine allows caregivers to provide an ultrasound at the bedside, which improves the accuracy and efficiency of decision making and diagnosis, increases the safety of difficult procedures, and decreases patient time in the ED.